Wednesday, October 14, 2009

You never really change, you just become more of yourself..

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they've got plans and trains and cars. I'd walk to you if I had no other way. Our friends would all make fun of us, but we'd just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way." Plain White T's.

Aloha! I *wish* we were somewhere warmer. Lol!

So, John had the pleaseant experience of waking up this morning to find that we had finally received ice on our car and well..everything. It has been in the air for awhile, but it finally came today. I am looking forward to the day when snow starts hitting the ground. Being from Texas I never really got to enjoy snow for longer then a day, so I am looking forward to being able to form snowballs without bits of dead grass and leaves in them.

Which these snowballs will be enthusiastically hurled at my husband as he gets out of the car from work. I dare him to get me back.

Not much has been happening with us lately. Generally exploring castle ruins and watching episodes of Smallville together. Work has been exhausting for John. His unit is gearing up to redeploy to Afghanistan (which thankfully John will NOT be apart of) so last week was spent at the rifle range requalifying and shooting. They had their vehicles reissued to them, so days spent at the motorpool is becoming regular as well. It makes for long, hard, and cold days for John. He is often going to PT formation at 5:30 and not getting home until 5:30-6:00 pm at night.

Wednesday John attended his first out briefing to begin to start to out process from this unit. He is thrilled, especially since we got the news that we would be leaving Germany the 20th of December. So, we will make it home in plenty of time for Christmas. Which I am still trying to work out the plans with both families so no concrete plans just yet. But by landing the afternoon of the 20th it gives us some extra time.

Today we received some amazing news about my stay here in Germany. We were afraid that I was on a purely tourist visa, however it turns out that isn't the case. I am here under the US-German military partnership. In June, when we went to Ft. Hood to get me 'enrolled' in the Army I was not supposed to get my military ID, or military passport until they had word that I was command sponsored. However, I was still given them. So I have all the benefits of being command sponsored, including being able to stay as long as John is stationed here. We are incrediably relieved at this turn of events.

As relieved as I am, I have come down with some weird cold or flu bug. I have been pretty sick this past week, which sucks. However, I have an excellent nurse in the form of John. He has taken excellent care of me. I am hoping that I will start to get better so me and John can go out exploring this weekend. John has told me that he really enjoys our weekend excursions together, and so do I. I have planned a huge day for us tomorrow, and now I am hoping that I am well enough to enjoy it. I will probably just bundle up really well and deal with the cold.

We are looking forward to being back, especially 3 days earlier then what we thought. We love and miss everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Squiddie and John: It is always so nice to hear from you guys. I've been dog sitting Crystal and Mole Poblano for a couple of days so John & Deb could move into their new home. You can see the Builder's pictures of their house on www.Pulte.com and then go to the Dahlia model. It's nice to have more family here in Phoenix! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys at Christmas. Sarah... Hope you get well quickly. (Glad you can't send the flu bug by email.) Grandma Jean and Harry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah another great update. Thank you.
    How awesome that J takes care of you when your sick.... I think I'm gonna take credit for that too, because John sucks at that.
    So you guys leave on the 20th of December.... not for good though right?? Or am I mistaken? Love how the Army keeps changing dates, I guess they like to keep you on your toes.
    Please keep us informed of any new updates.
    Drink lots of fluids and flush your system.
    Love and miss you both!

    ReplyDelete