Monday, October 26, 2009

We'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way..

"The only one who's ever known who I am, who i'm not, and who I want to be." The Fray

Ola!

So after a not fun bout with sickness, I am semi fully recovered thanks to John shoving vitamins and other pills down my throat for the past few weeks. The weather has been crazy here, so that is NOT helping. Yesterday it was a beautiful 60 degree day, and barely a cloud in the sky. Today, it is grey, looks like rain, and is super cold. I think its all of 53 degrees right now. Yay for crazy weather patterns and their effects. Not.

Everything is dying. The brilliant colors that once surrounded us when we went into the countryside are no longer there. The trees are either green..or naked. It is only a matter of time before everything is coated in shades of grey, white, and muted greens. The once vibrant countryside is now pretty dull.

John and me played it low key this weekend. Just mainly hanging out around the house and enjoying each others company. I think we both needed a second to just catch our breath before this next week started.

I start classes Wednesday afternoon (can't log in until 5 pm) and even though its a short week I will still have to turn in 6 assignments by Saturday night. So, the fun/pain shall begin. Needless to say, I am going to rush to get done with class stuff so by the end of the afternoon when John gets home I can enjoy time spent with him, and not with my head in a book.

Apparently John has spent his entire military career on a perminate profile. This means that he was never supposed to be a scout, and he was never supposed to deploy to Iraq. The Army finally caught it after 3 years last week when his orders for El Paso started to come in. He has received a waiver however, and will be put on blood pressure medication. If he hadn't received that waiver, then John would have had to go before a medical board and probably would have been given a medical discharge.

Still unsure about the entire Christmas thing. I know John and me are kicking around some ideas for Thanksgiving plans since we will be unable to come back to the United States for it. It is so nice that we are finally going to be able to spend the holidays together. Hopefully next year, we will be able to spend Thanksgiving with our families.

Happy Halloween all, and try to stay out of trouble with those tricks.

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic news! I must say I'm a little pissed he got deployed in the first place, but if I know J he looked at it as a once in a lifetime learning experience.
    What are you guys thinking for Thanksgiving? Are you gonna cook your very first Turkey or go to a friends house or just go out?
    How exciting you guys are going to get to spend the holidays together!
    Let us know if we can do anything to help out with your Christmas plans and we'll do what we can on our end.
    I say see how much trouble you can get into.... That's what Halloween is all about.... Bring on the tricks!!!
    Love and miss you guys too much can't wait to see you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calamari,you write so beautifully, I can see the trees changing colors, the grey taking over....you take me THERE.
    That's incredible news about J's profile, but I'm sure he'd say, "Nothing you can do about it now, what's done is done". And as Deb says, J probably looks at it as the once in a lifetime learning experience.I'm glad he's taking care of his health.
    I want you to know I also really enjoy finding you on FB Chat in the mornings. We sure are getting acquainted, aren't we ?
    Let us know how the Haunted House with "Moving/Touching" Monsters goes. I sure hope "The Horse Ain't Going To Chit In His Pants" A phrase one of Kenchi's (J's Grandfather) friends used to use. John Sr. does a perfect imitation , ask him to do it for you when you see him next.
    We are supposed to get 10 to 18 inches of snow between today and tomorrow.......Oh My!!!!!!
    Love You Calamari! Give J a big hug from his Denver Familia. Or as my brother, Armando, from Mexico City, would write/ say. Give J a big HOG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you guys!... So sorry you won't be home for Thanksgiving, but happy you'll be somewhere in the U.S. with family and/or friendsfor Christmas. It's so good to have John Sr., and Debbie here in Phoenix. (I'm trying to talk Debbie into having Thanksgiving at their new home.) It's pretty cold here today. Supposed to get down to 46 tonight - yikes! We love your blog and look forward to each time it comes our way. Grandma Jean

    ReplyDelete